Reconstruction of existing breakwater, construction of double lane precast concrete boat ramp and supply and installation of new floating jetty system
Stage 1: March 2001 - April 2001
Stage 2: March 2002 - May 2002
Stage 3: April 2004 - July 2004
Stage 4: Sept 2007 - Dec 2007
Stage 5: Apr 2011 - Jun 2011
Client: Colac Otway City Council, COLAC, Victoria
- Procurement and transportation of large armour rocks up to 18 tonne.
- Procurement and delivery of specialised plant (including) 100 tonne crane, 45 and 50 tonne excavators with rock
grable and 35 tonne 4WD dump truck.
- Stabilisation of breakwater access track and site establishment.
- Reconstruction of failed breakwater using 8-18 tonne rocks.
- Reconstruction of precast boat ramp and concrete abutment.
- Demolition of existing timber jetty
- Supply and driving of steel pontoon piles
- Supply and installation of new floating pontoon system
Information on: Harbour Construction in Australia, Breakwater construction, Rock groynes, Timber jetties, Wharf construction, Boat ramp construction, Engineering marine, coastal and environmental construction, Boat ramp construction.